Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited (IBBL) being a welfare oriented financial institution has been offering a broad spectrum financial facilities to the business houses and individual clients from the very beginning. It has introduced several investment schemes for different strata and cross sections of people for their socio-economic uplift and improvement of their quality of living standard.
Our country is fortunate that a lion share of our foreign currency generates from the earnings of expatriates contributing to the Country’s GDP and foreign currency reserve. But it is discouraging that a major portion of the Wage-earners’ remittances are spent in unproductive sector and remain idle and thereby the nation is being deprived from the desired benefit therefrom.
With a view to encouraging the NRBs to invest their hard earned money in the productive sectors/areas for their own benefit as well as for the benefit of the nation as a whole, the authority has been pleased to introduce the subject Investment Scheme.
- To extend investment facilities to Bangladeshis (NRBs) working abroad temporarily or permanently and remit foreign currencies through IBBL, intending to invest in Bangladesh.
- To patronize NRBs to invest in the homeland and thereby contribute to the GDP towards growth and development of the country.
- To promote SME investments
- To develop rural areas in particular
- To encourage inflow of foreign remittances through banking channel and to curb money laundering.
- To invest in productive sectors
- To create employment opportunities for NRBs on their return & their children.
- To diversify Bank’s investment portfolios.
- To create entrepreneurship development
- To help undertake income generation and labour intensive projects / programmes / schemes with a view to alleviate poverty and provide employment opportunities to the youths.
- To encourage development of indigenous and traditional industries including cottage and handicrafts etc. undertaking for socio-economic development of the low income groups.
- To help invest in growing, thirst and priority sectors.
Eligibility of the clients:
- Non Resident Bangladeshi within age limit of 18 to 60 years.
- Bangladeshi citizens resided in abroad for long time, remitted foreign currencies through IBBL channel and now in Bangladesh.
- c. Family members of the NRB i.e. Spouse, Sons and/or Daughters who is/are maintaining A/C with IBBL with the remittance of NRB routed through IBBL.
Purpose of Investment
- Establishment of manufacturing/service industries/processing & BMRE thereof
- Working Capital to run the projects/or any ready projects
- Trade financing.
- Investment range shall be from Tk.0.05 million to Tk.100.00 million
Period of Investment
Nature of Investment
Period of Investment
Maximum 10 years depending on the nature/need of investment client/business
Working Capital and Trade Financing
Maximum 1 (one) year on revolving basis.
Modes of Investment
Bai-Murabaha, Bai-Murabaha (TR), Bai-Muajjal, Bai-Salam, Bai-As-Sarf, Hire-Purchase under Shirkatul Melk (HPSM), Musharaka, Mudaraba, MDB.
- Capital Machinery: 80:20 (Bank : Client)
Project-Building/Structure: 40:60 (Bank: Client)
- Murabaha/MPI: 25% (By the client)
- LC/Bills: 10% (minimum)
- Transport: 60:40 (Bank: Client) and other terms and conditions as per Transport Investment Scheme (TIS).
Rate of Return
- The rate of return shall be 12% or to be determined by the Bank from time to time.
Areas of Investment
Booster Sectors (as declared by the Government):
- Electrical and Electronics
- Software Developing
- Light Engineering and Metal Engineering
- Agro-processing/Agri-business/Plantation/Agriculture/Tissue Culture
- Leather products
- Knit Wear and Ready made garments
- Plastic and other synthetics
- Health Service and Diagnostic
- Designer and Fashion wear
- Crop cultivation/Farming
- Beef fattening
- Fisheries/Fishing/Fish Canning
- Agro-Supportive items/Industry
- Textile and textile products
- Glass & Glass products
- Transport & Communication
- Recreation park
- Parts of different vehicles.
- Multimedia/Mass media
- Household products /Crockeries/Office fittings
- CNG filling and conversion plant.
- Silk worm and silk industry
- Toy Industry
- Spectacles frame and glass industry
- Beauty parlour.
- Rice/Flour Mill /Maize Processing Unit
- Modernization of shops/business centers
- Permanent possession of shops/business centers
- Meat of goat, duck, ram, cow and buffalo marketing and processing
- Milk processing and marketing
- Tea production and processing
- Bio-energy plant/Solar energy plant/any other energy generating local devices
- Paper/Paper products/Printing
- Manufacturing of hydrogenated oil/oil from rice dusts/banaspathi ghee, edible oil & fats/brick manufacturing/aluminum products.
- Engine driven water vehicle
- Ice industry
- Flower cultivation and marketing
- Cattle/animal food Industry
- Rubber production and marketing
- Agricultural instruments industry
Other products, Trading and Service Sectors:
- Chira, Muri Production, processing and marketing
- Food production from fruits, processing and marketing
- Production of Flour, Bread and Biscuit, Semai, Noodles, Chips, Chanachur, Corn-flakes, Potato flakes, French fry, Pop-corn, Baby food, Stearch etc.
- Production & marketing of Juice, Jam, Jelly, Tomato Ketch up, Sauce, Achar etc.
- Spice (Masalla) production and marketing
- Oil mill, Dal mill etc.
- Dehydrated fruit canning, packaging, production and marketing.
- Printing press
- Frozen food/fish processing, preservation and marketing
- Leather and leather goods production
- Vegetable preservation and marketing
- Handicraft and Cottage
- Retailers and wholesalers, grocery shop, departmental store, hardware, perfume, restaurant, stationery, pharmacy, readymade garments shop, furniture shop and the other business having good demand.
- Any other products locally produced/manufacturing.
Securities and Collateral
- Collaterals security may not be insisted up to Investment of Tk.0.50 million only.
- In case of investment exceeding Tk.0.50 million, collateral security shall have to be obtained as per Bank’s usual norms and practices.
In all cases the following documents are to be obtained:
- Personal guarantee of the client.
- Personal guarantee of spouse/father/mother/sister/brother.
- In case of self-employment of technical personal, certificates will have to be deposited with the Bank
- Post-dated cheques for the whole period on investment mentioning amount of investment shall have to be obtained as per Bank’s usual norms and practices.
- Other documents as per Bank’s/requirement/norms and practices.